Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm bringing blogging back!

Why hello there, sports fans!  As you can see, it has been over 3 years since I have blogged on this site.  I did briefly relocate to MySpace but since it is a ghost town, I'm back!  My friend Carol has inspired me to resurrect my blog, so here I am.  My first order of business is to go on a total Cubs rant.  What in the world has happened to my beloved team?  Two years ago, we had 8 All-Stars.  Right now, I don't think we could beat most single A teams with our collections of has-beens and never will-bes.  I had hope that the new owners, the Ricketts, would bring a championship to Chicago soon but it sure looks like that will now be years in the making.  The only good news on that front is that I won't be rushing to get that Cubs tatoo I promised my sister I would get when we finally won the World Series. ;)  I truly hope that some of these prospects we have received after trading fan favorites Teddy, The Riot, Fontenot, and D.Lee will pan out, but I have become cautiously optimistic over the years.  I like to refer to this painful process as "Cubbie Clearance-everything must go!"  There are only a handful of players that I would welcome back to this team next year, and they include Byrd, Soriano, Dempster, Marshall, Soto, and rookies Castro & Colvin.  That leaves 18 spots on the roster so Jim Hendry has his work cut out for him.  Considering this guy signed Milton Bradley last year, that does not inspire much confidence.  Wait 'til next year...or the year after that...or the year after that.

1 comment:

Carol V said...

Glad you're back, BV! And I think you should designate some baseball energy toward the Phillies for the rest of the year!